February 21, 2019

Tax Clinics

APUS Tax Clinics
APUS runs a free tax clinic for students in the Winter semester, usually in March and April. 
Due to COVID-19 remote working, APUS is not offering TAX Clinic services for Winter 2021. We are sorry for the inconvenience. 


Through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, community organizations host free tax clinics where volunteers file tax returns for eligible people.

Due to COVID-19 organizations will be hosting a virtual tax clinic. Please follow this link to find a tax clinic: https://bit.ly/3bALRpb


 If you have been a student in the year 2020 you can file your taxes using UFILE for free! Conditions apply (see below). 

Getting a UFILE Account

 Step 1: Go to https://bit.ly/3ep1XUD

Step 2: Click on New account

Step 3: Fill in your information to create a new account and click apply

CFS Student UFILE Offer 

  1. Enter into the UFile ONLINE account.
  2. Enter your tuition fees and months at school.
  3. Click “Next“.
  4. In the “Left side menu“, please locate the “Special offer” section.
  5. Enter the special offer code* (CFS1981) and then click “Next“.

* Note: The special offer code is NOT a voucher. The code is not to be entered on the “Payment” page as a voucher as this will not provide you with the offered promotion.

To access UFile ONLINE Free for Students promotion with the Canadian Federation of Students the following conditions must be met:

  1. You must be a resident of Canada, have paid tuition fees and have attended school for at least ONE month during the tax year.
  2. You must also be designated as the FAMILY HEAD (the FIRST person entered in the account) for purposes of your tax file in UFile.

For details, please visit our website: