APUS Income Tax Clinic

U of T St. George Campus
By appointment only
 The APUS tax clinic will only file 2019 taxes.

The Association of Part-time Undergraduate Students (APUS) is proud to offer a free tax clinic to help undergraduate students registered at the University of Toronto file their 2019 tax returns. In partnership with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA)’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, our Tax Clinic is a free service to help students complete their tax returns.

Click here to book your appointment today! http://bit.ly/39z6UEJ

Date and Time: March 9 – 13; March 16 – 20; March 30 – April 3; April 6 – 9

Location: 563 Spadina Crescent, Suite 236

Access info: Wheelchair accessible entrance located at the back of the building via Bancroft Avenue. The elevators are located near the Bancroft entrance. All gender, wheelchair accessible washrooms on the same floor as the clinic room.

For ASL or other access needs, please email us a week in advance from the date of your appointment.

Email services@apus.ca if you have any questions or call 416-978-3993


We are only able to assist with personal tax returns for students with an annual income of less than $35,000.  We are not available to help students with business or rental income and expenses, as well as capital gains or losses (investments).

International Students

If you are an international student studying in Canada, you may have to file a Canadian income tax return. You must determine your residency status to know how you will be taxed in Canada.

For more information please visit the CRA website or speak with your international transition advisor at the Center for International Experience.  

What to Bring


  • Your most recent Notice of Assessment
  • Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and, if applicable, your spouse’s SIN
  • A list of your dependents, their exact dates of birth, their income, and their SINs, if they have one
  • T4 – Salary and wages
  • T4A – Scholarships, bursaries
  • T4RSP – Registered retirement savings plan
  • RC62 – Universal Child Care Benefit

Receipts for Expenses and Credits:

  • T778 – Child care expenses and a completed T778
  • Union dues
  • T2202 – Tuition fees and education amount (you can print this from ACORN)
  • Medical expenses (for prescriptions, a printout can be obtained from your pharmacy)
  • Rent receipt (a lease is not considered a receipt)

We cannot help you if:

  • You have foreign income over $1000
  • You make more than $35, 000 (1 person household)
  • More than $1000.00 appears in box 48 of the T4 form (please check before making your appointment)
  • Bankrupt individuals
  • You do not show up for your appointment or you do not bring all the relevant paper work

Find another free tax clinic in your area